My lovely followers

Friday 23 March 2012

Cute baby card

Hi Blog friends
Heres my 3 in a row for this week.  I'm so thriled to have been nominated for my very first blog award this week - not once but three times!! Thank you Pat P, Pat K and Nikki for thinking of me - I am honoured to accept the Leibster Award.

The origins of the Liebster Blog Award are somewhat unclear but the general consensus is that it originated in Germany, Liebster meaning favourite or dearest, to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award the recipient must then pass it on to five more blogs of note



Here's what to do on receiving your Award
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
3. Copy and paste their blog award on your blog.
4. Present the Liebster Blog award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve recogniti
5. Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.
Here are the well deserved blogs I have chosen to pass the award to :

 I made this card for a friend who just had a baby girl, it was lovely to  make a little girl card for a change, everyone has had boys for ages now so a lovely pink little baby is a real joy to do!  I got my copics out to do most of the colouring on this one - I so like the tone of the paler pinks and lemons in promarkers but I stuck to my tried and tested copics for the skin tones (E11, E00,E000,E0000,R30)   I used my new memory box swirl die for the first time on this card - I think I'm in love - its absolutely gorgeous - so delicate - think you might be seeing a bit more of this!  I followed the sketch from this weeks lillis little fairies challenge for this card,  I was happy with it on the whole but not sure if the design is a bit "top heavy" but I didn't want to add anthing else to the bottom as I think there's enough going on!


What I did....

Image and new baby sentiment- LOTV (baby with teddy image)
Coloured with - promarkers, copics and prismacolor pencils
Papers - Forever Friends - new arrival
Pink card - Cordinations christmas pastels
Swirl - memory box
Flowers - Wild orchid crafts
Die cut oval and circles - spellbinders
Leaves - docraft punch
Pearls - Kaisercraft
Ribbon - Carnmeal cottage
You are so cute! stamp - Dawn Bibby woodland friends
Distress ink round oval - dusky rose

Challenges I am entering this card into

Crafty sentiments Designs - congratulations
Crafts and me challenges - Spring colours
Paperplay challenges - spring colours
Papercrafting journey - pretty pastels
Lilis little Fairies - Jacques sketch
image






13 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

awwww - this is so cute . and so pretty
Congrats on your award
Lisa x

Unknown said...

Just saw your comment on my blog! Thanks so much for the award!!! So sweet of you. Really honored to receive it!

Also, very cute baby card! Love the stamp :)

Hugs, Chaitali

cheryl said...

oh well done on your award Hun,that is one super cute image,and love those beautiful flowers,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

thecraftycavalier said...

Great card - I love this sketch turned on its side. Such a cute image. Beautifully coloured and really nicely arranged. Thank you for joining us over at Lili's Little Fairies, hugs, Jayne x

Sue B said...

Aww this is really sweet Judith!! Love the cute image and the papers and embellishments are just perfect! Those roses are So pretty!
Congratulations on your award!
Have a lovely weekend!
Big Hugs!
Sue xx

judit said...

Sooo cute! Congrats on your award and thanks for thinking about me. judit x

Carol Willis said...

Hi
I just found your blog on my travels and have become a follower. This card is soooo cute.
Congratulations on your award.
hugs
Caz x

Lisa Jane said...

oops i forgot to say -Thanks for joining us at Crafty sentiments this week
Lisa x

Mina said...

so so cute and pretty Judith...gorgeous card...thanks for joining in with our Crafts and Me challenge
Mina xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous, loving the colours too, gorgeous work as always hugs pops x x x

Debs said...

Adorable card Judith - sweet image and I love the flowers.
Debs xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow lovely card, gorgeous image and flowers, thanks for sharing with us at paper play, hugs Liz xx

Suzie McFloozy said...

Great card - very cute image x
Thanks for playing along with us at paper crafting journey this fortnight & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo