My lovely followers

Tuesday 1 May 2012

That was the week that was - and in some ways I wish it wasn't

Good morning blog friends

You probably think I left the country (no that comes at the end of the month - less than 4 weeks to my hollies - yippeee!).   Ok buckle up this might be a long one! - I'm not one for long rambling posts but today needs to be got out of my system.

Can I first say a warm welcome to my new followers this week I'm delighted to have you on board and I've now broken the 50 followers barrier - thank you so much.

Had such a very busy and worst and best week last week.  I'm still busy scribing for my son Tom for his essays due in in 3 weeks for his degree course - we're getting there but its hotting up - was out at work all day yesterday then there with Tom 'til after 10 last night while he decided on the right words to use to conclude his essay! - still didn't find them and he's going to look at it again today when he comes back in from uni - me thinks its going to be a very long night again!

So that in short (or long) is why I haven't got much bloggy/crafty time just now, but its not for long and I've been keeping up with my DT cards and crafting here and there and I try to pop in to see everyone as and when I can.

Today is challenge day at Creative Craft Challenges
Please pick up Our Banner

its not my week in the DT rota (thankful for that  this week!!) but there's some great DT cards over at the challenge blog and we have an easy peasy challenge - that all of us DT girls love - Anything Goes!!  There are some wonderful sponsors this week - Love to Stamp are offering a prize of a stamp of your choice and there are some lovely goodies from Crafty Individuals up for grabs - I love Crafty Individuals I got a lot of inspiration from their blog when I first started with shabby chic /distress styles

Now for the good and the bad of the week.......

I'll start with the bad because you can't end a blog post with bad news - so here goes.  Had such a really bad weekend because I had to have one of my beautiful cats put gently to sleep.  Tilly was 16 years old, and although obviously not as sprightly as she was, was really fit and healthy for her age. She suddenly took a down hill turn on Friday and just stopped eating and went off to hide.  I knew straight away that she wasn't well.  Took her to the vet because cats can dehydrate really quickly but really expected to bring her home again.  I won't go into all the ins and outs but I knew what I needed to do and she didn't suffer and that's what its all about in the end, we could have done all kinds of things but this is the fourth time in the last few years that I've had to do this and its not about what you want but what's the last and best thing you can do for your cat.  I've been so lucky that all my cats have lived into a healthy old age and that's all you can ask.  So I'm left with just my beautiful Barney and he's coming up 17 - the love of my life and I'm the love of his!- because he was my very first kitten when I was breeding cats and he was born in the cupboard under my stairs.  I don't even want to think about this anymore it just makes me feel worse and besides I can't see the keyboard to carry on typing :(

So on to the good news

I was on a real roll of a week with my cards last week and won three challenges!!  I was chosen as first prize in Robyns Fettish challenge and won some absolutely gorgeous digi papers from Bearly Mine designs and a digi stamp from Robyns Fettish Digital stamps - I have a DT card to post later today for Inky Inspirations and I used one of the papers - they are just what I needed to get my mojo going.

Robyns Fettish winner

Made Especially For You winner
Little Red Wagon winner
 I was a featured card of the week on the Little Red Waggon challenge blog  and I got a top 3 in Made Especially For You challenge.  Thank you so much to all the DT girls for picking my cards, it really has cheered me up and I am delighted.

So that was the week that was, so good and so very very bad.  Its just typical  in life and I'm just going to take the good and run with it for now because for anyone who knows me well - I am the eternal optimist.   My favourite saying goes
                   
Everything will be alright in the end - if its not alright - its not the end!

I'll be back later today with my DT card,  have a great day everyone

Hugs 

Judith xx




7 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh Judith you sound like you have so much on your plate, Sending you big hugs about the kitty, Know that horrible visit to the vet feeling so well, Breaks your heart but its the right thing to do. Hope that tonight is not too long for you, Love Hxxx

Sheila said...

Judith, What a week you have had bit at least you know your gorgeous cat is not in pain - these decisions are so hard to make but you made the right one I am sure. Our previous cat had a cancerous growth on her knee and nothing could be done so, as she couldn't get outside by herself, we made the same horrific decision but it was for her we made it. Sending you hugs for your loss and to keep you going thru that darned essay!! Sheila:)X

mixamatoasties said...

What a week Judith. Sending you hugs xxx

Nikbee said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Tilly.
I hope the scribing goes okay, and well done on your wins.
Take care,
Nikki x

Pami said...

Oh Judith, its devastating when we lose our little darlings. They are so much part of the family, I don't know what I would do without my Coco. Tilly looks so beautiful in her picture. I am so sorry.

On a different note, congratulations on your wins! Very well deserved! Pami x

Unknown said...

Judith I am so sorry about Tilly , my cats both lived to 17 too and I had to have each one put gently to sleep, its the kindest thing , You go and have a good holiday , take a breather and have some fun.
Your cards are STUNNING you have a lovely style of crafting and its no wonder you have won so many times Well done .
Take care Hugs Elaine

Sue B said...

Aww Judith I'm really sorry to hear that you lost Tilly. They are like members of the family - and it hurts so much when you lose them. Sending you Big Cyber Hugs hun!!! Hope you are okay.
Well done with your Wins!! - they are all fabulous cards - well deserved!!!
Take Care
Love Sue xx