My lovely followers

Monday 15 October 2012

Moving home with Myrtle from Digital Delights by Loobylou

Good morning - happy Monday to you all

Can I firstly apologise for not doing much visiting lately - I'm having HUGE problems with my internet connection - we changed the router on Friday - but its actually worse!  I'm having to spend my internet time giving priority to answering emails and getting my posts posted and anything after that is a bonus - hence not much visiting, hopefully we'll get it sorted soon - its been going on for a while now and I'm sick to death of it - I'm sure you've all been there!

It's my turn to host the Monday post over on the Digital Delights blog today.  Its my first hostess Monday post since I joined the DT at Delightful Challenges, and I have to say I'm just loving being on the team.  I decided to make a framed easel card, firstly because I really like making them and secondly - its a while since I made the last one!  I really enjoyed making this card - I love colouring images with lots of shading and I could see huge potential for this little lady with her fabulous shell.

Here's what I did...

I  printed the digi called Moving house Myrtle so it would fit into the second size spellbinders labels 10 die

Moving House Myrtle

 then coloured the image with copics and prismacolor pencils.


Copic marker colours
Shell - E40,E41,E43, G63, G61
Body G28, G29, G24
Hat and house and toe nails! BG15, BG13, BG11, YR16, YR15, Y06, Y02
Grass G61, G63, G20, E43

Prismacolor pencils for shading 
Cool grey,Grass green, Olive Green, Crimson (cheeks)


  I then mounted onto a piece of petrol blue card from bazzill basics cut with the largest size labels 10 die   I made a narrow frame by using both dies and sanded it to give a slightly distressed effect.


These dies are the perfect size to make a frame on a 6in x 6in card.  I decorated the card base with paper from My Minds Eye called Fine and Dandy Boy and mounted on the same blue card. The New Home Circular Sentiment  is also from Digital Delights and I recoloured it before printing to fit the spellbinders scalloped die.

New Home Circular Sentiment

  I then finished off with buttons punched with a Martha Stewart punch, scraps of ribbon and flowers.  The folded side conceals a greetings tag stamped with a Lili of the Valley greeting in a pocket that goes under the tag


I then mounted the contrasting paper onto the folded part of the card, decorated with a ribbon, button and Sweethear blossom flowers from wild orchid crafts  and stuck the frame topper so that half of the topper is above the folded card


And this is the finished card



  I enjoyed making this card so much -the image was just a dream to colour and I was just so pleased with the finished card - hope it gives you some inspiration

Challenges I'm entering with this card ...

Fussy and Fancy Friday - easel cards
Southern girls challenge - lots of ribbon

hugs Judith xx


9 comments:

Caroline said...

No wonder you enjoyed making it it's gorgeous love the image. Caroline xxx

Sue said...

This is wonderful Judith. I love the image and colours. Such a fabulous design too.

hugs Sue

Sue B said...

Awww this is really sweet Judith… what a cutie… Love the easel design and the scrummy papers… it's a really happy card!
Sorry to hear that you're having problems with the internet… we have the same thing… and I really think it's because there are so many folk on wireless now and they interfere with signal… so we bought an Ethernet Cable each from Amazon and we plug into the Router… it works like a dream! it might be worth a try as then you at least know whether it is problem with signal interference or your actual Service Provider?
Big Hugs
Sue xx

valou250809 said...

Very nice card! bravo! thanks for playing with SGC.

suzanne2 said...

this is adorable Judith, i really love the cute image. the hidden tag is a great idea i may have to try that myself.
thank you for the inspiration and thank you for joining us at fussy and fancy challenge. good luck.

Kim. said...

What a fantastic card, love this image and your easel card if perfect.
Kim xXx

Sarah-Jane said...

Great easel card. I love the fun image. Thank you for joining us at Fussy & Fancy.
Sarah-Jane xx

Siv said...

Now isn't this just adorable!! The image is abssolutely super cute! Love the colours you've used too!
Thank you so much for joining the Southern Girls - hope we'll see you again!
Hugs Siv

Julie said...

This is super cute! Thanks for joining in with the Southern Girls this challenge, Have a great weekend,Julie.x