My lovely followers

Thursday 20 March 2014

Some pretty photo inspiration for you

Good morning all

Well after yesterdays fiasco I'm here with a post today (with 2 to catch up on for yesterday!!)   Thank you all for the advice - I still haven't solved my blogger upload problems but I eventually managed to get my images uploaded last night by using my sons Apple mac and the only saving grace of that is as I use dropbox at least I can upload my images then just access them anywhere.  My son was delighted when I took over his desk to upload pictures at half past midnight last night while he went to bed - so as you can imagine thats not happening to often!!

Anyway on with todays challenge

We have a really pretty challenge for you over at Moving Long With the Times this week
Our lovely Pami is hostess and she has given us some gorgeous photo inspiration

Isn't this just so pretty!



And here's my card
My teamie Carole  used this image in a challenge a couple of weeks ago and when I saw it I knew it was perfect for my daughterAlison's 30th birthday next week.  The sugared almond colours are perfect for this image and as she is a girly girl I know she'll love this card.  This picture will be her on Friday night when she has her birthday night out with friends and family at a local club with a fabulous drag queen show - I've been before  its such a laugh - I'll update you on the proceeding after the week end.  Alisons birthday is always the event of the year as not only is it her birthday but also her husband Stevens birthday - and their 4th wedding anniversary this year- you can imagine the fuss we have to make of it all!!!

So the details of this card ....I wanted to keep it fresh but also use lots of embellies and I was quite pleased with the outcome, i bought those sunflower dies at the MFT shop on my trip yjere last Christmas -its the first time i've used them but it won't be the last - what a gorgeous easy flower it makes, and there are several elements on the die for plenty of variety - I still haven't added a "happy birthday" -the jury's out on what and where its going!! - the inside is also decorated to match with  another image and sentiment from stamping bella image - Opal the optimist- which says - "may your glass be always half full" - very appropriate!!- but I've got enough problems with photos at the minute so its wasn't photographed or uploaded - if I get the chance I'll add it later - just for completeness

This is what I did......

Image - from Stamping Bella uptown girls - Victoria and Juliette's night out
Coloured with spectrum noirs and copics
papers - perfect pair from LOTV
Dies - leaf - magnolia, sunflower and heart- MFT, heart pins obsession impression, numbers tim holtz vintage market, butterfly - whimsy stamps
ribbon - carnmeal cottage
lace - WOC
Flatback pearls - Inky Impressions
Sparkly bits! - glamour dust

Challenges I'm entering with this card

Charisma cards - birthday girls
Crafty ribbons - anything goes with ribbon
Divas by design - flowers
Rubys rainbow - happy birthday
ladybugs crafts ink - for a special lady



Hugs
Judith x




30 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh WOW this is stunning, what a fabby card, Love the image and the colours you have gone for, Im sure Alison will love it. Love Hazelxox

Sarah said...

This is a wonderful card Judith. I always love this colour combo and you have done a great interpretation. I am certain your Daughter is going to love it!! xx

meine-bastelarena said...

Your card is too pretty! Hugs, Sujin

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so pretty Judith. She will love it. Hope the evening goes off a treat and everyone enjoys it.

Glad you managed to load this today.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Sue said...

This is wonderful Judith. I love the image, fabulous colouring and beautiful detailing too.
Hugs Sue xx

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Judith… I really like the frothy girly feel to this card… such a fab image and the papers and embellies are SO pretty… I love the subtle sparkles!! :-)
glad you managed to upload your photos with Apple Mac… I hope Mr Blogger sorts out all his issues soon… really think he needs to see a shrink as he's well confused!! Lol
Take Care
Hugs Sue xx

Sue B said...

Mr Blogger must have heard me!!! he said that my comment hadn't worked and gave me an error message!! Lol ... well he's obviously a compulsive liar too... as my comment is definitely there above!!! ROFL
Love Sue xx

kelly ledder said...

This is so beautiful, I am totally in love with these stamps at the moment!! Love the colour combo has to be one of my favourites xx

Wendy L said...

Looks great Judith, great design, xxxx

Carole said...

You got the image then Judith & made a truly gorgeous card with it, it looks fab in these colours I'm sure your Daughter will love it.
Hugs
Carole xXx

Pami said...

Oooh Judith these are one of my fav images!! Your card is just so fresh and pretty I just love it! Pami x

Daniele said...

gorgeous card Judith
hugs xx

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous, girly creation!
Helen x

Hazel said...

A beautiful card and I love the layout. I hope you all enjoy the celebrations. Hazel L. x

Debs said...

What a stunner Judith - that is 'one' of my most favourite stamps ever for girly girl cards and you have paper pieced it so beautifully.
It is amazing how the same DP's can look so different - great minds think alike though :o)
Have a fab evening.
Debs xx

Unknown said...

Hi Judith, what a wonderful image (love the Uptown Girls!) and a fabulous colour combo.

Sounds like your daughter really enjoys her birthdays! I was very moody and grumpy at my 30th (a looong time ago now!!!).

Sarah

Anne said...

Judith this is fabulous. Love your soft pastel palette. I'm sure your daughter will love it
Anne x

Janice said...

I too love that image, such a fun card, and I'm lovin the die cut flower, very pretty indeed. Hope Alison enjoys her celebrations and you all have great fun celebrating! Jx

Anet's Crafting said...

Gorgeous card Judith, I love the image and pastel colours. Your daughter will love her card.

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Judith! I love that image and your gorgeous papers, perfect for paper piecing! Your daughter will love it!
Hugs, Tammy

DesignerDiva said...

I love this Judith it's one of my favourite images of all time and your colours are beautiful. Love the bit of sparkle too. Lts of lovely cards from you lately I've been out of the loop this week I need a few extra days a week I think!
Hugs Laurie xx

mixamatoasties said...

Gorgeous card Judith. Love the fabulous image.

Susan xx

Jennifer said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Judith...Alison could not help but love it!!

Please wish Alison and Steven happy birthdays, and happy anniversary.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Basslady said...

your card is such a cute eyecandy!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi (GD on lexi's creations challenge)

Sari / Granne said...

Your card looks so pretty. Love the colourcombination, fresh and girly. And those girls look fab in their dresses, :). Thank you for joining Charisma Cardz, good luck.

Chris said...

A truly pretty card! So sweet and feminine. Love the stamp, just perfect for the 'girlies'! Thanks for joining us at Ladybugs Crafts Ink
Chris
x

Whimsey said...

I love those girls - so very cute!! Love the colors and all the sparkle, very nice!!

Thank you for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Ink; we love when you share your creations with us!

~Michele, DT

Unknown said...

what a delightful card, so fitting for our challenge, thanks for joining us over on divas by designs xx

Anke said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons
xx

Loopylou. said...

hiyah judith!
wow this is gorgeous, I love that floral detail and the paper piecing is just wonderful.
Thank you so much for playing along with us over on the Divas by Design challenge blog
hugs Lou xxx