My lovely followers

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Spring has sprung at The Paper Shelter - goodbye DWP and Las Vegas (and Florida) here I come!!!

Good morning all

I'm here again with post number two of the day.  This time for 

The Paper Shelter

we have a lovely theme for you this week 

Spring Delights

  (click here for my post for Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge)

I used this cute little image called the Florist available HERE
the set comes with background papers, jpeg and png images
and the pre coloured image that I used here. 


As always we have a fab prize for the winner at The Paper Shelter

http://www.thepapershelter.com/

And an update from my night out at Newcastle Boulevard drag queen show out on Saturday

The stars of the show...

Betty "legs" Diamond

This photo of Boulevard Show Bar is courtesy of TripAdvisor

Miss Rory - the compare with the acid tongue!

This photo of Boulevard Show Bar is courtesy of TripAdvisor

It's not the first time I've been - but its such a good night out - we ached with laughing!

It was my daughter Alison's 30th birthday - and she was dressed to kill as well in her sparkly dress and Jimmy Choos - she gave the drag queens a run for their money - Miss Rory was very impressed lol!!

 Alison in celebration - I've arrived! - mode

Me and Alison

Anyway back to my card!!


Here's what I did....

Image - the florist - from The Paper Shelter (precoloured image)
Die cut flowers and leaves - fabulous phlox from Memory Box
Papers - spring drop from First Edition
Vintage seambinding ribbon - Crafty ribbons
Metal butterfly - trimcraft Lilli bet
Pearls (coloured green with copic pen - from my stash
Distress ink - TH dusky rose

Hope to see you playing along at TPS this week

I'll be back tomorrow with my DT card for crafty Little Fairies - then I'm off to London for a couple of days, back at the weekend and then in to work on monday for my last day - as I'm taking early retirement from the Department of work and Pensions after 38 years!! - after that off on my jollies on Wednesday night - Las Vegas and Florida here I come - life's not dull at the moment!!

Challenges I'm entering with this card

My Besties challenge - for Mum
Stampavie and more - girly
Hobby book designer challenge -spring



Hugs
Judith x



16 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful card Judith, love the sweet image and pretty flowers.
Sounds like you had a great night out...gorgeous photo of you and Alison.
Life certainly does not sound dull for you at the moment...enjoy.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Whisper said...

Oooo gorgeous card hun, looks like you and Alison had an absolutely fabby time.

Enjoy your retirement - 38 years, gee that's some going and enjoy your hols in America - i hope you are off to a show in Vegas ??, Luv Sam x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Judith. I love the sweet image and pretty flowers.
It sounds like you had a fabulous time. I love your photos, especially the one of you with your daughter - you both look gorgeous!
I bet you are looking forward to your retirement. I hope you have a wonderful holiday.
hugs Sue xx

Pat K said...

Beautiful card Judith...love the flower treatment. Great pics of you and your gorgeous daughter (you look like sisters). Congrats on your upcoming early retirement too. hugs, Pat K x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow you are having fun, fantastic. Great pics. Love your sweet card too

Kat W said...

Wow, that looks like you had fun - lovely photos of you and your daughter :-)
Have loads more fun on your hols and hope it's a fabulous start to retirement!
Almost forgot to say how lovely your card is - very pretty and Spring-like :-)
Hugs, Kat x

Anne said...

Beautiful card Judith, perfect for our theme this week
Anne x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fabulous card Judith love this image! Wonderful picture of you and your daughter. I am sooo jealous you are going to my two fave places! Have fun, hugs Susan x

Janice said...

Super image and card Judith, and lovely photos too. Sounds like a fun night out. You've a busy time ahead, retirement sounds quite hectic, but I'm sure far more enjoyable than the dept w&p! Happy Hols, Jx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous sweet card Judith..so pretty and you and your daughter look like sisters not Mother and Daughter..gorgeous photo.

luv CHRISSYxx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the colours and the cute image.
Great photos, we have daughters the same age.
luv
Debby

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fantastic card sweetie. Great photo's of yourself and Alison and the GIRLS!!! LOL!!!! Glad you had a good time.

You have a very busy time ahead of you, can we swap places. Lol!!!

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Gail said...

Gee whiz Judith..you and Alison look more like sisters than mother and daughter. You're both so great looking and dressed to kill! Awesome picture of the 2 of you photogenic babes!

I love your card. This mauve/pink is one of the BEST colors in my crayon box. This card is awesome and using the pre-printed image is fabulous with all your matching papers and embellishments. This is a truly wonderful card! Hugs, Gail

vivie said...

beautiful card thanks for joining us at hobbybook!!!

Anne H. said...

So sweet!
An adorable image and beautiful colors.
Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More.
Anne

Dina said...

a beautiful card thanks for joining us at stampavie and more