My lovely followers

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Use your favourite colour combo at Pennys Papercrafty Challenge


Good morning all

(I'll be back later this morning with my DT card for the Paper Shelter)

Its time for another challenge at

 Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges

This week we have an easy peasy challenge for you 

Use your favourite Colour combo

I used a Pink/Kraft combo

The image is called Butterfly and Bluebonnet from Eureka Stamps available here
I just love this pretty image - I thought it was Lupins but Eureka call it Blue Bonnet.  Maybe its just the same thing different continent! - I'm sure some botanical person will be able to put me right.
The picture looks brighter than it actually is - I photographed it with a flash photo and I think its picked up the white areas and brightened them!

I'm feeling a need to get a bit distressed and inky lately so really enjoyed making this card- this was my direction when I very first started making cards and I've meandered into allsorts of other places on the way  - I've just sent for some lovely vintagey (is that a word!) stamps - so watch this space for the return of vintage!!
I sent this card to a lovely blogging buddy of mine for her birthday and I know she has it now so its safe to show!


We have two great sponsors this week 

 Stampart Design by Kathryne

(sorry I have't got the sponsor banners for you I'm still having problems uploading and i forgot to add them when I did the upload of the card on my (long suffering!) sons Mac)


This is what I did

Image - Butterfly and bluebonnet from Eureka stamps
Coloured with copics and Prismacolor pencils
Distress inks - TH shaby shutters and dusky pink
Papers - Antebellum from LOTV
Labels and postcard stamp al from LOTV
Kraft card - from MFT
Twine - MFT
Pearls - Kars
Ribbon - Carnmeal cottage
Circle and scalloped circle - spellbinders die

Hope we see you at Pennys Challenge this week

Challenges I'm entering with this card

Scrappers delights - mothers day/special lady
Aurora wings - anything goes



Hugs
Judith x



8 comments:

brenda said...

Lush colours Judith, the sepia really sets off the vibrant flower.

B x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Judith. I love the image and beautiful soft colours.
hugs Sue xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so beautiful Judith.

It has stopped now but it has been snowing slightly here today. Brr going out tonight I hope no more comes down.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Pat said...

Gorgeous card Judith, love the image and the fab soft pink papers and the super vintage feel to it all.

Pat xx

Wendy said...

So beautiful Judith.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Claire said...

Beautiful card, love the colour tones and lovely image. Hugs, Claire x

Emily Thubbron said...

Judith, your card is absolutely beautiful. I love the purple. Great job on this card.!!
Emily T.

DonnaMundinger said...

Such a gorgeous vintage card, Judith! Your friend will be just thrilled. BTW, it looks like lupine to me, as well. Thanks so much for joining our first challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD