My lovely followers

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Use three papers at Pennys Paper Crafty challenge this week


Good morning all

I'm back with my second DT card of the day - this time for 

Pennys Paper Crafty challenge

the theme this week is 

use at least 3 patterned papers

I decided to make yet another Christmas card for the stash

using Winter Cardinal from Sparkle n Sprinkle
available here 


I had only ever seen photographs of the cardinal birds until last year when I was delighted to see some of these lovely birds nesting in the tree right at the edge of the lake that our garden overlooks in our holiday home in Florida.  They really were a sight to behold, the flashes of red caught my eye at first as the little birds darted in and out of the tree in the mornings - here in England we have our native robin as our Christmas bird - but I have to say I really was quite taken with these stunningly coloured red birds.  I think it was just the males with the bright red feathers - the females being more browny beige with red markings but very pretty little birds just the same.

We have three great sponsors at Penny's this week





and



and


who are both offering their fab digi stamps as prizes - so well worth playing along with us
This is what I did....

Image - Winter Cardinal from Sparkle n Sprinkle
Coloured with - copics
Papers - MME Vintage Christmas
Ribbon - Carnmeal Cottage
Dies - all Mariannes
distress ins - TH tea die and bundled sage
Sentiment stamp- from Hotfudge studio holiday stamp set
other embellies from my stash

Hope we see you over at Pennys this week!

hugs 
Judith x



5 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful Judith, I like the bird image the colours and the design
Kevin xx

brenda said...

This is a real stunner Judith, everything coordinated perfectly.

B x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Judith what a gorgeous card! We used to get these in our garden when we lived in Massachusetts along with blue jays - such colourful birds! Susan x

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is gorgeous Judith… what a lovely image and you've coloured it beautifully to match the pretty papers and embellies! I love the lush bow and fab sentiment! :-)
Hope you are keeping well
Big hugs
Sue xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Judith. I love the image, stunning colouring and beautiful papers.
Hugs Sue xx