My lovely followers

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Wrap up - at the Paper Shelter Challenge

Good Morning all

I think our challenge at 


this week is very good advice!!

Wrap up

As Shirley our lovely team leader on team A at TPS DT informed the team (for the benefit of the non British girls who may not understand the term)  -that can be either lovely warm clothes (and don't we all need those at the moment!) or perhaps a wrapped present, the one she missed out (he he) is it also means shut up!! - as in 'will you wrap up' - I get so confused sometimes as to what is a local term and what anyone else not from my little corner of the world will understand , but I'm sure it's in the same vein as  'it's a wrap' when it comes to film making.  

On that note it reminds me of my children learning this lesson when they were at university.  They both lived away from home and found that the people they mixed with didn't speak the same language sometimes - even though they all spoke English.  Alison totally perplexed her housemates by telling them that she would "get wrong" when what she meant was she would get told off, Many a child in the north of England will "get wrong off their Mam"!! it started a whole new university education for all of them as they started to learn the funny little expressions each of them said according to the part of the country where they all came from - not to mention the odd foreign student!   Though I think the Geordie expressions were most popular (Georgie is a term for people like me who live in the north east and more precisely around the Newcastle area, for anyone who doesn't get that one!).  Everyone always thinks they can do a Geordie accent - few can!!!  Matthew caused no end of confusion when he used the term "me Mam" - in this part of the country what you might say instead of "my Mother"!!  He was at uni for months before one of his friends asked him who this Memam was that he kept ringing!! - I'm sure I've told you this before, but it still makes me smile, he'd living and working in Edinburgh now where he's getting a whole new education - I think the Scottish use even funnier words that the Geordies - well he keeps us amused anyway lol
   
Anyway I digress....I decided to take the opportunity to make a Christmas card for this challenge, I made a nice early start last year and it definitely made things so much easier when Christmas came around, so I intend to do it again this year.

I used this lovely snowman stamp -he's  one of my favourites at TPS
So simple and great to colour with his cute hat and scarf
called "Snowman" he's available here


As always we have a fabulous prize on offer for our winner

The gift voucher


Here's what I did....

Image - Snowman from TPS
Coloured with copics
Easel frame card made with Spellbinders labels ten die
Papers - Docraft Scandinavian Christmas
Tree die - Mariannes
Christmas lettering - part of Memory Box grand Merry Christmas die
Hessian bow - from Michaels
Epoxy tree sticker - Anna Griffin
Ribbon from my stash
Distress ink - TH Tea dye

I hope we see you over at The Paper Shelter challenge this week - as for this blog post - its a wrap!!
(This is my first post of today - I'll be back soon with my DT post for Fab'n'Funky Challenges)

Challenges I'm entering with this card

ABC Christmas challenge - B for bows bunting or baking


14 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Judith, what a briliant image to use for our Winter Challenge, and youve done a stunning job with it. hugs Shirleyxxxx

coldwaters2 said...

What a delightful creation Judith I really love that image also the fab colours and die cuts, I really like that hessian bow I saw some yesterday while at Hobby Craft but they were in a rather expensive goodie bag, I will have to google them, smashing card.
hugs
lorraine x

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card Judith, fabulous image and design.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Pat K said...

Fabulous Christmas card Judith with great colours and design. I enjoyed reading about your "Geordie" expressions. I remember being in grade school and when asked told the teacher it was half past nine....she just smiled knowing I guess that it was from my British heritage....the rest of N/A says nine thirty. Enjoy the rest of your week. hugs, Pat K xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Judith, I love the cute snowman and beautiful colours.
Thanks for making me smile!
hugs Sue xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Wonderful card Judith, love the hessian! Susan x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love this snowman and what a fab card, great colours. I lived in Newcastle from age 4 to 8 and when we moved back to Norfolk found the accents hard sometimes after starting school up North x

Alison said...

This is lovely Judith. Great layout with fab colours and I love this snowman - I must get him out and colour him again. Your post rang so true with me - I'm Scottish - but have lived in several parts of England - including Stockton on Tees for a few years. When we moved from the Edinburgh area to Widnes, over 20 years ago, it was hard not to use the same Scottish phrases I still use even now. So thanks for a really entertaining - and nostalgic - read.
Hugs, Alison xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute and pretty Judith.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Vannessa said...

Such a cute card and I love the colours you used.

Hugs, Vannessa

Lozzy said...

Love you Christmas card Judith with the colours and that snowman's so sweet..Thank you for joining us at Buckwells Crafty Challenge and hoping you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x
great post, have a MIL from Yorkshire

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous card, Judith. Great paper and that snowman is so cute. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

Bad Kitty said...

Gorgeous card

Mariecrea said...

hello,
such a cute card and I love the colours you used.
bye