My lovely followers

Wednesday 10 June 2015

We want to see anything but a card at The Paper Shelter

Good Morning all
I hope you are all bright and breezy today and that this scheduled post has behaved and arrived where it should - when it should!  I'm still off on my holly - bobs in Florida enjoying lots of R& R and lovely sunshine : )

We have  a new challenge starting at 


we want to see

 Anything But a Card

I though I'd show you a really quick and easy way to make some tags with  the paper packs available at TPS see here - I have made Christmas tags but there are lots of paper sets available in the store that could be used in the same way

I have used the Ultimate Christmas Papers available here
there are 12 in the set in total - great for lots of Christmas projects as well as cards


I simply sized the the paper before I printed it so that it would fit into my tag die (though you could easily just cut tag shapes without a die), cut another tag shape slightly larger out of some Kraft card and  punched a hole through each after I'd lined then up.  I also inked round the edge of the printed tags with distress ink just to give some definition.  Finally I cut some watching ribbons - two for each tag. and threaded it through the hole - I used vintage seam binding though different ribbons would give different effects.  It was really as simple as that.  I think it would also be a great idea to make matching boxes or bags using the same papers sized and printed to fit - I'll definitely do this with these at Christmas and make my bags and boxes to fit the gifts.

As always at TPS there is  great prize on offer

http://www.thepapershelter.com/

This is what I did....

Tag dies - Dienamics from My Favourite things
Ribbons - vintage seam binding ribbons from crafty ribbons
Distress ink - Tea dye from Tim Holtz
Kraft Card from Crafters Companion
Papers from TPS - The Ultimate Christmas Papers
The Ultimate Christmas Papers

I hope I've inspired you to make something a little different - I know a lot of people don't like the "C" word mentioned in June - for me I think Christmas crafting all year round is a bonus - a great way for you to be organised this year!

Looking forward to seeing all your crafty creations!

hugs

Judith x

11 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Judith wow what a brilliant idea to get ahead with the Christmas tags they look fabulous, love the designs youve chosen and the ribbons in the top. hugs Shirleyxxxx

cotnob said...

A fabulous collection of Christmas tags Judith, they have a lovely vintage feel to them.
Pauline
x

KraftyKoolKat said...

So pretty Judith and very useful at that very busy time. Hope you continue to enjoy your hols. I am off tomorrow for 4 days to breezy Yorkshire. I hope the weather is kind to me. Lol!!!

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

brenda said...

Just a tad green of that Florida warmth Judith, here we are 10th June with the heating back on.

These are super Christmas creations.

B x

Mrs.B said...

Great tags Judith, good to get an early start.
Enjoy your holiday

Avril xx

Mrs.B said...

Great tags Judith, good to get an early start.
Enjoy your holiday

Avril xx

Mrs.B said...

Great tags Judith, good to get an early start.
Enjoy your holiday

Avril xx

Carol said...

Gorgeous tags Judith. Hope you're having a fab time. Carol x

Pat said...

Beautiful Christmas tags Judith.

Pat xx

Gail said...

These are so pretty! I love this idea and getting some tags ahead is a fabulous idea! These are gorgeous! Hugs, Gail

Nataliascraft said...

What a fabulous set of Christmas tags, beautiful papers and love the ribbons x