My lovely followers

Thursday 15 September 2016

Happy happy birthday (cake!!)


Hi all

It's new challenge day at

Moving Along with the Times challenge blog

and our host this week is the lovely Claire
who just happens to have a birthday very soon

So she chose the theme

Birthday Cake
(happy birthday Claire xx)

For some reason this challenge gave me more trouble than I've had in a long while to make a card - I just couln't please myself! - infact this is my second attempt, I looked at the first one again after leaving it overnight (a tried and tested method!) - and hated it so it ended up in the bin! 
Considering it's such a simple theme I have no idea why i couldn't put it together!!

Anyway here's my card - still not the most favourite card I ever made - but I can live with it lol



The cupcake and sentiment are from Crafters companion - coloured with spectrum noir sparkle pens
The whole card base  is a die set from  Sizzix and I used various scraps of card to put it together using circle dies, a heart and label die to embellish - at least the cake looks yummy!

Hope you can come up with a birthday cake card with far less bother than I had!

Happy Thursday!!
hugs Judith xx




7 comments:

The Little Stamper said...

I think this turned out lovely Judith! Double is i am craving cup cakes now!!

Sharon x

Carol S. said...

Looks pretty yummy to me. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Claire Grantham said...

Love this Judith, its lovely, especially that giant perfectly tied bow!! Cx

Stamping Bubbles said...

This turned out well Judith, sometimes we are own worst critic. I like the simplicity of the design and the card base shape if fab.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

KraftyKoolKat said...

Looks yummy to me Judith.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Craft buddy said...

Great colors, I love your yellow cake and the giant bow. It can be frustrating when you're just not happy, I know that well! Glad you pulled through the frustration x Jessie

Kat W said...

Oh no, that sounds very frustrating but I think you ended up with a really pretty card with a lovely fresh colour combo...and yes that cake looks scrummy! I like the shaped base and the tag poking out the side...fab design :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx