My lovely followers

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Hello - I'm back!

I bet you thought I'd disappeared off the face of the earth!!

I've been away on holiday for over 3 weeks and forgot to photograph the cards I'd made to blog while I ws away - so I decided gave myself the month off lol.... since I got home I've had a busy time preparing for my grand daughter's christening (I'll share some of my makes when I get myself organised - I love baby crafting) - its taken me until now to catch up with myself!!

But I'm here today because its challenge day at 


and our theme this week is

Embossing 
(any kind wet or dry)

I used the lovely Rowena for this card
a steam punk inspired creation with a floral twist!
(The flowers and hearts are dry embossed
the tag at the bottom is wet embossed)


As always we have a fab prize for you at 
The Paper Shelter

http://www.thepapershelter.com/


Here's what I did

Image - Rowena from TPS
Coloured on Neenah desert storm card
using Spectrum noir blendable pencils
skin -rose peach,cream, vanilla
clothes walnut, bark,pebble,coconut,cider, yellow ochre
hair ginger, redcurrant,bark
edged with eggshell
Papers and vellum - Madam Payraud from Papermania
Stamped in black DI around the edges with an Anna Griffin swirl stamp 
(sorry don't know what its called)Sentiment label also Anna Griffin
Hearts are black card and vellum embossed with just a corner of Sheena Douglass' Twisted Vine Embossing folder and highlighted with Pebeo gilding wax - bronze
Flowers are from Sara Davies Country garden dies also embossed and gilded
Flower stalk is Sheena Douglass' Sweet William die embossed and gilded
All other embellies are from my stash

Hope to see you playing along with us this week - I'll be back to visiting you all too!

Hugs
Judith x



16 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Morning Judith, wow, well it was worth waiting for now your back with a wallop, what stunning card I love all your design and your colour choice. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Wendy L said...

Looks gorgeous Judith, welcome back, xxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the fab design and image.xxx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card Judith...love the image and the flowers....glad you had a lovely time away and now back to earth!.....Joolsx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Good to see you with such a fab card too. Hope you had a good holiday x

Chris said...

Fab card Judith, I do love a bit of Steampunk! This image is lovely and your design is gorgeous.
Hope you're feeling good and rested after your holiday!
Chris
x

Pat K said...

Fabulous make Judith! Really, really love those colours and all your design elements...gorgeous! Pat K x

cotnob said...

Welcome back Judith, I hope you had a fabulous holiday.
A gorgeous card, I love the muted tones and lovely flowers.
Pauline
x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Judith, Gorgeous card and the background looks fabulous with this image.
Hope you had a great holiday, but nice to see you back.
Avril xx

Wendy said...

Fabulous card Judith, gorgeous image and design...lovely to see you back.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Kat W said...

Hi Judith! Lovely to see you back and I hope you have had some fabulous travels! Making baby things is such a joy I agree, so hope we will get to see your creations for the christening.
Your card today is stunning and I love the darker colours and gothic/steampunk style you gave it. It's a great choice to match the image, which you have coloured brilliantly. The different embossings really add to the whole steampunk feel too and add lovely texture.
Big hugs, Kat xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

So lovely to see you back Judith, I hope you had a lovely time. This is a fantastic creation to come back with sweetie.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Such a stunning card Judith! I loved this when I saw it pop up in my feed. I love steampunk and this image is the bomb! Love the embossing and the flowers. Just a gorgeous creation all over!! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Tracy Freeman said...

Such a fab card Judith, love the embossing and steampunk theme. I hope you had a lovely time away xxx

Nataliascraft said...

Such a gorgeous card, fabulous design x

Pat said...

Gorgeous card Judith, great image and fabulous design, I love all the embellishments.

Pat xx