My lovely followers

Thursday 29 September 2016

Thought for the day! Even if you start now how many cards could you make by Christmas!

Good morning all

Sorry I don't know what happened to my yesterday's post (well I do it was still in draft!!) 
- here it is!!

Today is a new challenge day over at


and the theme is 

Christmas

So  I I ask the question in a different way!

Have you got time to make all your Christmas cards this year - how many have you made already!!
If you're anything like me 
you will have started off with good intentions in January 
and on that strategy I now have maybe a 15 or 20 cards 
- but none of my special cards have been made and I certainly don't have enough.  
In reality there's a lot of work to be done between now and Christmas card D - day, 
- thats maybe 8 or 9 weeks time?-
 so with that in mind how many do you need to make each week?

Have I scared you enough to go and make a card and enter it in our challenge this week 
- I hope so lol

Here's mine made with a fab little precoloured image called

Christmas stocking - available here



We also have the incentive of  great prize this week 
provided by our sponsor 


I love this vintage style of card, some darker toned papers and distress ink - based on kraft card and you have the basics of a card.  This one was quite quick to make as the image is one of the precoloured ones - great for all those cards you're going to have to make, 

another tip.... 
- never make a card once always duplicate it as the hardest part is the design, you don't even have to use the same image just repeat the design and you have two cards in super quick time 
- I really should take my own advice!!

Here's what I did....

Image - Christmas Stocking from TPS
Papers - 6 x6 from Sara's Signature Traditional Christmas from Crafters Companion
Kraft Card - Crafters Companion
Distress ink - TH Gathered twigs and Tea dye
Die cuts - words -Christmas words from Sizzix by TH 
Holly sprig die from Wild Rose crafts
Label dies - MFT
Poinsettia die - Memory box
Sparkler from the Hobby house
Bells were I think papermania embellies
Wooden stars, gems, ribbon and twine from my stash

Hope to see a flood of Christmas cardsthis week at Fab'n'Funky Challenges from you my crafty friends - and I'm going to keep plugging away from now til Christmas!

Challengesi'm entering

Rudolph days - Christmas anything goes
Aud sentiments - Anything goes


hugs
Judith xx



17 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

great image and love the stars added and the bells
hugs Kate xx

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Judith and believe it or not all mine are made and written and ready to post !!!!!

Whisper said...

Aaaah what a sweetie and i'm loving all those fabby dies too, Luv Sam x

Chris said...

Well you've scared me Judith and I have already made some of my Christmas cards...not nearly enough though! Good advice about using the same design more than once...
Your card is beautiful, love the cute image (pre coloured is great for Christmas card, saves so much time!), fab design and die cuts.
Chris
x

Pat said...

What a cute and pretty image Judith and the darker tones in the background make it stand out beautifully and great added embellishments too. Thank you for joining in with the September Rudolph Days Challenge. x

Mrs.B said...

A great card Judith, image is so cute - and yes you have scared me - I need to make a start on mine!
Avril xx

Stamping Bubbles said...

Gorgeous card Judith. I am feeling very smug as my cards are virtually all made for Christmas. I did spend all summer working on them tho.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Jenny L said...

Hi Judith,
what a brilliant card and such a very lovely deaifn.
That image is so sweet and cute.
I must admit I have more cards made this year than ever before mainly beacuse of the Rudolf Challenge.
Thanks for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. GD

Nataliascraft said...

Beautiful Christmas card, cute image and fab design.
I am a bit behind with Christmas cards, I need to start making them x

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Judith, such an adorable image.
You've certainly got me scared, I have hardly any Christmas cards made and I have my eldest son's 21st Birthday in December as well!
Pauline
x

Carol S. said...

Pretty tag and love the image. Great design and lovely embellies. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Kathleen said...

Really lovely tag, love the cute image and the background papers .
Mmm, well, I am sorry but I have to say that I have finished all my Christmas cards. Did my last 6 yesterday, teachers cards for my youngest Grandson.

Kath x

scrappymo! said...

Your tag card looks wonderful. That is a lovely image on the tag part of your card. Beautifully coloured, with such pretty embellishments.

Thanks for taking part in the September Rudolph days Challenge.

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute Judith. I was doing well and for reason's that you well know good intentions fell by the wayside. Lots of people will be getting bought ones this year I am ashamed to say.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Billie A said...

Really cute Christmas card. Love the colors and the image. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments.
Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative with Stamps
Catch the bug
Inspiration Destination

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Judith....Late hopping around!....love the cute image ...make a lovely card...Joolsx

Elle Kay said...

Beautiful and festive christmas card! Thanks for sharing at Aud Sentiments!